TDs in Galway, Limerick and Cork have heard stories of the struggles of charities, voluntary organisations and many small businesses including shops to deal with unsustainable insurance premium hikes. Three Alliance for Insurance Reform Town Hall meetings took place over the past few days.
Read the full RGDATA submission here.
RGDATA is currently reviewing the second report from the Cost of Insurance Working Group which addresses the cost of Employer and Public Liability Insurance. An RGDATA delegation made a presentation to the Group and RGDATA made several submissions on the reforms required to reduce the cost of shop insurance. We will revert to Minister Michael D'Arcy this week with our full review.
A new charter aimed at reducing food waste has been signed by five of the country’s biggest retailers. Click here for the Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment press release.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley raised independent retailers' concerns about unsustainable increases in shop insurance premiums and insurance companies settling claims without contacting shop owners at a meeting organised by Insurance Ireland. RGDATA asked for a full report back from Insurance Ireland on all the issues raised at the meeting.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley will make a presentation to the Oireachtas Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment concerning the Waste Reduction Bill 2017 tomorrow Wednesday 17th January.
Thank you to everyone who has completed the 2 Minute Survey on insurance costs we circulated. We have had a very good response but have extended the deadline to midnight tonight, Tuesday 16th January. This is in order to allow absolutely everyone who has concerns about their insurance costs to have their voice heard. The link to the survey is as follows:
More Articles ...
- LOW PAY COMMISSION CONSULTATION PROCESS
- RGDATA in the news: Aldi moans about planning objections
- RGDATA Consistent and Proactive in its support of vibrant towns and villages and sustainable retail development
- Public Health Alcohol Bill published and due before Dail this month
- Alliance for Insurance Reform - Campaign Launch Survey
- Bringing Above the Shop Premises Into Homes: New Regulations To Be Reviewed
- Public Holiday entitlements over the Christmas period - RGDATA HR Centre
- Competition & Consumer Protection Commission Strategy 2018 –2020
- New Proposals to Bring Above the Shop Premises into Use for Homes
- PUBLIC HEALTH ALCOHOL BILL: SEANAD COMMITTEE STAGE 8th NOVEMBER – YOU MUST MAKE YOUR CONCERNS KNOWN TO YOUR LOCAL SENATORS