RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley attended a business briefing with Chief Medical Officer Tony Holohan yesterday. A series of questions about how employers and employees should act during the current containment stage will be responded to by the Department of Jobs. RGDATA will share this with members as soon as it becomes available.
RGDATA recently made a submisson to the Dept of Communications, Climate Action and Environment. Click here to veiw the submission.
These notes are often marked as "movie money” or "prop money” and bear a strong resemblance to genuine Euro notes, but do not contain the security features. Click here for full details.
The Food Safety Authority has received a number of complaints recently regarding the labelling of beef which has been packed in-store in a number of retail outlets. Click here to see the information which must be declared on the label.
Election 2020 has served up a massive vote for change with 25% of the electorate giving Sinn Fein their number one preference delivering a historic 37 seats for Mary Lou McDonald’s party. Fianna Fail (38 seats) and Fianna Gael (35 seats) have no time to lick their wounds as the first overtures regarding the formation of a coalition Government have begun. RGDATA will be in contact with all the parties over the next few weeks to ensure that key policy issues of concern to independent shopkeepers are included in the new Government’s plan of action.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley urged all the political parties to take action to make insurers reduce premiums instead of bagging even bigger profits. Buckley made her comments following the publication of an FBD trading update which says the company is on track to make €100 million profit.
This advisory group will assist in the preparation of a new waste policy and as an implementation body for the agreed policy. A presentation by Dr Sarah Miller, CEO, the Rediscovery Centre was followed by a discussion on existing challenges and suggestions to address some of these challenges.
The Alliance for Insurance Reform, of which RGDATA is a member has welcomed the first ever meeting of Ireland’s Judicial Council and wished it every success in its work. Click here to read the press release.
More Articles ...
- The Party Manifestos: What will impact on your shop
- Retail Consultation Forum discusses Brexit, Insurance reform and extreme weather management
- RGDATA Director General Attends Advisory Group on Circular Economy Meeting
- RGDATA Submissions: Capping General Damages; Crime Prevention & Reduction Strategy; Circular Economy
- When the candidates come calling
- National Community Engagement Day
- Submissions on Mandatory Calorie posting on menus
- Duty of Care reforms - RGDATA to meet with Minister D'Arcy
- RGDATA submission on UTPs in the Food Supply chain
- RGDATA & Alliance meet Fianna Fáil re Insurance Reform