Ireland’s Convenience Retailer Summit takes place in The Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin, on Wednesday 6 September 2017. Book before 9th August to avail of this members only offer. Click here for details.
An RGDATA delegation led by President Colin Fee and Director General Tara Buckley will meet with the new Minister for Insurance at the Department of Finance on Thursday next. RGDATA is campaigning for radical changes to stop the unsustainable increases in shop insurance costs and halt the rise of the "compo culture".
Concerned about shop insurance costs? Do the short RGDATA survey here and let us here your views.
RGDATA has urged Tanaiste and Minister for Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation Frances Fitzgerald to halt the Government led increases in business costs. "Independent retailers are facing significant cost increases due to Government policy. There is the proposed 27% increase in the PSO Levy; a recommendation to increase the Minimum Wage by 30 cent; significant increases in commercial rates in some areas and proposals to reduce plastics that all have significant cost implications for independent shops," Buckley told the Tanaiste.
If you sell or advertise food online, you are responsible for the food information you provide to the consumer. Click here to download.
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland in partnership with safefood, is hosting a conference in Dublin Castle, Thurs 5th and Fri 6th October, 2017. Tickets are limited, so register early. Click here for details.
RGDATA has written to Green Party leader Eamon Ryan seeking a meeting to discuss the proposed Waste Management Bill and ensure that measures to reduce the use of non recyclable cups and other utensils and the proposed bottle bring back scheme do not impose a costly burden on shops.
The Joint Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation has identified the Cost of Doing Business as one of its priorities for consideration in the autumn session. The Committee has written to RGDATA to make a submission on independent retailers' concerns regarding the cost of doing business.
RGDATA has responded to an EU study seeking information about B2B costs and late payments. Click here to read the questionnaire and RGDATA's response.
RGDATA has called on Minister of State with responsibility for Financial Services and Insurance Michael D'Arcy TD to make radical reforms to tackle the high cost of shop insurance. RGDATA has sought a meeting with the Minister to highlight shop owners' concerns about insurance costs and the rise of the "compo culture".
Minister for Housing, Planning Community & Local Government, Eoghan Murphy TD has reappointed RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley to NOAC. The National Oversight & Audit Commission is responsible for oversight of Local Government activity with regard to providing value for money, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Check out the activity of NOAC here.
More Articles ...
- RGDATA TO ATTEND DJEI BREXIT FORUM MEETING
- WASTE REDUCTION BILL: WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR VIEWS
- HAVE YOU ANY CONCERNS ABOUT B2B PAYMENTS? EU STUDY ON LATE PAYMENTS
- MINISTER SIGNALS INTENTION TO REVIEW PERSONAL INJURY PAYOUTS
- INSURANCE COSTS COULD CLOSE THIRD GENERATION FAMILY BUSINESS: RGDATA MEMBER EOIN MCCAMBRIDGE TELLS PRIMETIME
- REMINDER; YOU MUST REGISTER IF YOU SELL ORGANIC PRODUCTS OR USE ORGANIC PRODUCTS IN YOUR FOOD SERVICE
- SMALL & MEDIUM BUSINESSES CALL FOR PERJURY ACT TO TACKLE FALSE CLAIMANTS
- US REGULATORS URGED TO BLOCK AMAZON ACQUISITION OF WHOLEFOODS
- TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS DUBLIN 2017: INVITE FOR LOCAL ENTREPENEURS
- Stop penalising “bricks and mortar shops on main streets”: Fianna Fail urges Government to deliver on Commercial Rates Bill