RGDATA expressed disappointment to see Finance Minister Pascal Donohoe relaxing taxes for independent bookmakers without doing anything to stop them offering bets on National Lottery draws. “RGDATA will be making representations to the Minister to address this issue so that the local community shops do not lose out on €10 - €15 million in retail agent’s fees and the Good Causes Fund is not stripped of a potential €125 million,” says Tara Buckley.
RGDATA President, Colm Fee last Thursday met with Ministers Humphries and Phelan to discuss the issues surrounding revaluations and the burden of commercial rates.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley chaired a special sub committee meeting of the Alliance for Insurance Reform dedicated to seeking legislative changes to make the duty of care burden on business owners/occupiers fairer. “RGDATA has drafted up a Bill to address the changes needed to the Occupiers’ Liability Act and this group will work together to get those reforms over the line,” says Buckley. “This is one key area for RGDATA and the Alliance as we work to reduce the cost of insurance premiums.”
RGDATA raises unfair practice in correspondence to the Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation
In a letter to the Committee, Tara Buckley outlined the difficulties small businesses have when dealing with the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission. Click here to read the letter.
SEAI are running energy training specifically designed for staff and owners wanting to learn more about energy management. The training takes place in the MIdlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise on Tuesday 22nd October, 9:30 – 17:00.
Places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
This guide sets out nine practical steps that all businesses – large and small - should take now to prepare for the UK’s departure from the EU. You can visit the Brexit Hub at Government Village during the National Ploughing Championships 2019.
The threat of defamation is hampering some RGDATA members from dealing with crime in their shops. Please take 5 minutes to fill in our short survey.
The Independent Alliance has called for a tax on insurance company profits in its Budget negotiations with its partner in Government Fine Gael. Click here to read the Irish Independent article.
RGDATA members Eugene Scally and Thomas Ennis, two of Ireland’s foremost fresh food retailers, have been shortlisted for three IGD awards. IGD is a research and training charity involved in the food and consumer goods industry.
Red C are conducting a survey on attitudes and behaviours of businesses in relation to waste, with a specific focus on food waste. This is to help develop a national policy to improve the way food waste is recycled and prevented at businesses in Ireland.
Those who complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw where five lucky winners will win €200 One4All vouchers.
The closing date for completing this survey is 29th August, 2019.
Click here for the survey.
More Articles ...
- RGDATA welcomes investigation into public liability insurance
- RGDATA urges Minister to impose a supertax on insurance company profits
- Tackling retail crime: defamation and other issues
- Carrick-on-Shannon community CCTV system a great success
- RGDATA Calls for Extension of Online Retail Scheme to Local Food Retailers
- RGDATA welcomes Judge’s Criticism of Solicitor Over Fradulent Personal Injury Claims
- Minister acknowledges RGDATA role in Collaborative Town Centre Health Checks
- RGDATA Insurance company Supertax Proposal Will be considered: Minister D'Arcy
- RGDATA & Local Jobs Alliance meet social protection officials re automatic enrolment pension plan
- Crucial week for Government response to insurance crisis: Alliance for Insurance Reform