Minister for Retail Damien English has unveiled a new €5.5 million Covid-19 Online Retail Scheme with grants of up to €40k available. Click here for information.
The chair of Alcohol Action Ireland has called on the Government to introduce Minimum Unit Pricing for alcohol. Click here to read the press release.
Tanaiste Leo Varadkar has responded to RGDATA regarding our call for the Occupiers Liability Amendment Act to be debated by the Dail. The Bill, drafted by RGDATA, addresses the need for changes in the onerous Duty of Care imposed on independent shops to make it more balanced, reasonable and fair. Click here to read the Tanaiste’s response. RGDATA has consistently argued that this legislative change is necessary to bring down the incidence and cost of claims and reduce unsustainable shop insurance costs.
TUESDAY 1 9 2020 RGDATA Pre Budget Submission: Send us your views today RGDATA will be making a Pre Budget submission this week and we want to hear your views. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas or suggestions that you have about how the Government s
The event will provide:
• Ways you can effectively manage food waste
• Cutting edge research by Red C into the state of food waste recycling in Ireland
• Latest thinking on the new waste policy for Ireland
• Compostable packaging solutions
Audience for the Event:
• Packaging Procurement Specialists
• Sustainability Managers
• Corporate Social Responsibility Managers
• Businesses such as Supermarkets, Hotels, Restaurants, Food Manufacturers
• Policy Makerse Materials & Food Waste Recycling
For further details click here.
The Alliance for Insurance Reform will be raising this issue at meetings with insurance companies over the next few weeks. Tell us about the claims that your insurance company settled without a challenge. We need case studies urgently. Click here to update RGDATA on your experiences.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley went to bat on behalf of shopkeepers following the announcement by Government that it would be introducing legislation to make face coverings in shops and shopping centres mandatory. Buckley went on local and national radio to argue that shopkeepers and their staff needed back up to deal with customers who refuse to wear a mask. “We expect the vast majority of people will wear a face mask when shopping as requested but there are always a difficult few that retailers and their staff will have to deal with. It is not fair to make shopkeepers or their staff the enforcers they will need back up from the Gardai,” Buckley told Sarah McInerney on Today on RTE Radio 1. Click here to listen to the interview.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley has welcomed the decision by the Low Pay Commission to delay making a recommendation to Government on raising the minimum wage. “In its submission to the Low Wage Commission RGDATA called for moratorium on minimum wage increases to allow employers time to deal with the fallout from Covid 19 and Brexit so we welcome this decision by the LWC not to make its usual July recommendation to Government.” Click here.
More Articles ...
- Pass Occupiers Liability Amendment to rebalance Duty of Care and tax insurance company profits if premiums don’t come down: RGDATA urges Government to act quickly on insurance costs and claims
- NATIONAL BROADBAND IRELAND UPDATE: RGDATA TO ENGAGE IN STAKEHOLDER MEETINGS
- Local Independent food shops have a unique role to play in recovery: RGDATA
- RGDATA Call for Town Centre Task Force gains momentum
- Putting Local shops and SMEs at heart of the recovery: RGDATA in the media
- Gov issues shop local, shop safely message for Phase 2 reopening
- RGDATA welcomes extension to restrictions on certain redundancy rights
- Online Retail Voucher Scheme for shops with less than 10 employees extended
- TDs raise Alcohol Segregation and call for delay in implementation
- Download the RGDATA app now