Click here to read RGDATA's letter to Michael Darcy TD in response to the latest report.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley met with senior officials at the Department of Agriculture on Friday to brief them on the devastating implications for rural grocery shops if retailer/wholesaler buying groups are banned by the EU. The officials said Ireland would not support this draft amendment to the EU’s B2B Unfair Trading Practices in the Food Supply Chain Directive. Negotiations on the final Directive are ongoing in Brussels.
We want to hear about it. If you haven't already done so, please take a couple of minutes to complete our Retail Crime Survey 2018.
Thank you to all who have already responded.
An Post has announced a nationwide search for retail partners. With 1.7 million visits to Post Offices in Ireland each week, running a Post Office is a unique commercial opportunity for the right candidate.
For more information and to see all current vacancies, click here.
This week is Show Me ID Awareness Week. Free online training for staff and a talk from trade representatives will be part of the initiative. RGDATA members in the Munster area will have received a Show Me ID Retailer Responsibility Pack containing information and tools to assist in the prevention of sales of age restricted products to minors.
Click here for more information.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley attended a one day meeting in Brussels on Friday to discuss a policy paper on “Revitalising European Town Centres: A Challenge that is Crucial for Social Cohesion and European Competitiveness”. Buckley highlighted the success of the Town Centre Health Check pilot in eight Irish Towns and the need for EU support for essential research and data collection, sharing of best practice and funding for collaborative Town Teams to manage town centre revitalisation
Are you providing accurate written allergen information for customers? It is a legal obligation to do so and 20% of consumers believe food businesses are not doing enough to inform them about the allergens in their food. Click here to read the article and here for advice from the Food Safety Authority of Ireland.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley has written to Minister Michael D’Arcy highlighting the frustration and ongoing concern of independent shopkeepers about high insurance costs and the need for more practical interventions by the Government to address the key issues. Click here to read the letter.
More Articles ...
- Shopkeepers Need Practical Action On Insurance Costs: RGDATA Tells Minister Humphreys
- Germans Are Not "Victims Of Store Wars". RGDATA
- Grants Available to Eligible Retailers for New Online Retailing Pilot Scheme
- Atlantic Economic Corridor - Historic Towns Workshop taking place in Ballina
- REPORT HIGHLIGHTS RGDATA ASKS IN RELATION TO COST OF DOING BUSINESS
- ALLIANCE WELCOMES PUBLICATION OF INSURANCE DATA BILL
- DRAFT RGDATA BILL TO ADDRESS CONCERNS ABOUT SPIRALING SHOP INSURANCE PREMUIMS AND BOGUS AND EXAGGERATED CLAIMS
- SENATORS HIGHLIGHT CONCERNS RE HIGH INSURANCE COSTS FOLLOWING RGDATA/AIR BRIEFING
- BREXIT UPDATE: EU PUBLISH CONTINGENCY PLANS FOR FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN IN THE EVENT OF A HARD BREXIT
- RTE HIGHLIGHTS RGDATA CONCERNS RE SHOP INSURANCE COSTS