“Operation Mierle conducted in Limerick, where local Gardai targeted serial shoplifters and made several arrests, should be replicated throughout the country,” says RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley. Click here to read the Journal.ie report.
Minister Heather Humphreys has announced that she has received EU approval to increase the Brexit Business Emergency Fund from €20 million to €200 million. Read the Business Post interview here.
Support the Irish Grocers' Benevolent Fund by taking part in this fun event in the Phoenix Park Dublin on Sunday April 28th. Lots happening on the day including an entertainment area with food tastings, beverages and kiddies activities.
Run with your company, work coleagues, friends and family for this worthy cause.
Click here for more information.
RGDATA has written to Minister Heather Humphries in relation to a pilot retail online scheme developed by the DOE and Enterprise Ireland, seeking extension of the scheme. Click here to read the letter.
Click here to read the letter to Simon Harris.
TDORA, the Taxi Dispatch Operators Representative Association has compiled a proposal to address both the lack of public transport in rural towns and villages and changes to peoples lives since the introduction of the new drink driving laws.
The association has been invited to appear before the Oireachtas Committee on Transport on 27 February 2019
Click here to read the proposal.
The report details the four systemic issues it believes are harming UK high streets:
• Too much retail space
• Fragmented ownership
• Retailers’ high fixed costs: business rates and rent
• Business taxation
Click here to read the full report.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley will attend a special workshop on Brexit preparedness today. Minister Humphreys has confirmed that officials from Revenue, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and a Representative from Dublin Port will attend.
Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan has asked the Chief Justice to create simple rules to force through rapid reductions in awards for soft-tissue injuries. Click here to read the press release from the Alliance for Insurance Reform of which RGDATA is a member.
More Articles ...
- Was your shop impacted by the Garda Juvenile crime failings?
- Low Pay Commission Minimum Wage Consultation 2020 Opens
- IS CRIME AN ISSUE IN YOUR SHOP? We need to hear your experiences for our campaign for tougher measures to be taken on retail crime.
- Business Cost Containment Essential if No Deal Brexit: RGDATA Tells Jobs Minister
- Don't Discount Fresh Products: Farmers Launch Christmas Campaign
- EU Unfair Trading Practices Directive: Negotiations Ongoing
- Public Holiday Entitlements 2018/19
- National Minimum Wage Increase from 1st January 2019
- Employment Bill Will Commence in Early March 2019 - Minister Doherty
- Alliance welcomes progress on finally closing CCTV claims loophole