SuperValu has retained its position as the country's biggest grocery retailer. Read more here
RGDATA will defend Ireland's retail planning guidelines at an EU workshop on Friday 8 July. The workshop is being hosted by DG for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SME Business-to-Business Services (Unit E4). Read the meeting agenda here
RGDATA calls on Minister Dara Murphy TD for an urgent review of the application of Data Protection Law
RGDATA is seeking a meeting with the Minister with responsibility for Data Protection, Dara Murphy TD to see if there is national discretion to amend Data Protection law to facilitate the use of CCTV for crime prevention in retail premises. Read the full letter here
Lots of interest this week from local radio stations in the call by RGDATA to review Data Protection laws over use of CCTV. Tara Buckley was interviewed on the current affairs morning programmes on LMFM, Mid-West Radio, Tipp FM, Highland Radio, KFM and WLR FM.
Irish Examiner also ran a story “Retailers seek review of Data Protection laws over use of CCTV”. Read the article here
More Articles ...
- National Hospitality Awards – Closing date for applications is 20 August
- Have you set a mandatory retirement age for your staff in the Contract of Employment?
- Irish Times Best Shops in Ireland 2016 – remind your customers to nominate you!
- Have you up-to-date information on Work Permits?
- This is Show Me ID Awareness Week - Do you have your pack?
- Retailers call on Government to review Data Protection Law. Data Protection curbs are frustrating crime prevention and facilitating shoplifters
- Are you recruiting temporary staff over the holiday period?
- Congratulations to all the RGDATA members who won Awards at the “Checkout - Best in Fresh Awards” for excellence in fresh produce retailing.
- FSAI Food Safety Alert
- SuperValu consolidate top spot with 22.7% market share