The Banking and Payments Federation has issued a press release warning SMEs about supplier and invoice scams. Click here to read the release.
The European Commission has recently opened a consultation to amend the Food Supplement Regulation (1925/2006) that proposes to ban all products containing Aloe Vera – including ones that retailers might have in stock or on their shelves – without any transition period. Independent Retail Europe, of which RGDATA is an associate member, has developed a draft position paper on the issue and is seeking clarification on which products are affected.
The draft Regulation aims to prohibit the intentional addition of botanical species containing hydroxyanthracene derivatives, an extract from aloe plants, because of their potentially carcinogenic effects. However, the scope is unclear and the current text could be interpreted in such a way that all products containing aloe will be banned. This could impact on a range of food products and certain beverages such as juices, alcoholic spirits.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley continues to liaise with Government, the HSE, other regulatory bodies and the media raising the concerns and issues arising for independent family shops, convenience stores and supermarkets. The RGDATA Board held a special Covid 19 meeting via conference call and will continue to liaise regularly to identify RGDATA members’ issues and concerns and ensure that action is taken to address them.
Click here to read the latest issue of Convenience & Forecourt Retailer which includes an article by Tara Buckley, Director General RGDATA about the challenges facing independent retailers in 2020.
Click here to read the press release from Social Protection Minister Regina Doherty about simplified unemployment payments and payments possible through employers.
More Articles ...
- An Garda message of Commitment and Support
- Keeping Up to Date on HSE guidance for the business sector on Covid-19
- Revenue issue assurance re cash flow and trading difficulties
- EU issues Recommendation re Sourcing Protective Clothing Outside the EU
- Days of action on Insurance Reform
- Government preparing employer/employee guidelines re Coronavirus
- Waste Action Plan for a Circular Economy: RGDATA Submisson
- Significant increase in counterfeit notes - Garda warning
- Labelling of packed-in-store beef: Are you aware of the legal requirements?
- Election 2020: Negotiations for a Government of Change begin