If you have not already done so, please take 5 minutes to complete our short survey. Thank you to all who have already done so.
RGDATA and our members have highlighted ongoing frustrations and concerns about the lack of high speed internet connections in many areas throughout the country. “This is an extremely frustrating issue for members in rural areas where broadband speed is slow or non-existant,” says RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley. Click here to read the Shelflife feature.
The closing date for applications for this sheme is Wednesday 5 December. Click here for full details
Click here to read RGDATA's letter to Michael Darcy TD in response to the latest report.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley met with senior officials at the Department of Agriculture on Friday to brief them on the devastating implications for rural grocery shops if retailer/wholesaler buying groups are banned by the EU. The officials said Ireland would not support this draft amendment to the EU’s B2B Unfair Trading Practices in the Food Supply Chain Directive. Negotiations on the final Directive are ongoing in Brussels.
We want to hear about it. If you haven't already done so, please take a couple of minutes to complete our Retail Crime Survey 2018.
Thank you to all who have already responded.
An Post has announced a nationwide search for retail partners. With 1.7 million visits to Post Offices in Ireland each week, running a Post Office is a unique commercial opportunity for the right candidate.
For more information and to see all current vacancies, click here.
This week is Show Me ID Awareness Week. Free online training for staff and a talk from trade representatives will be part of the initiative. RGDATA members in the Munster area will have received a Show Me ID Retailer Responsibility Pack containing information and tools to assist in the prevention of sales of age restricted products to minors.
Click here for more information.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley attended a one day meeting in Brussels on Friday to discuss a policy paper on “Revitalising European Town Centres: A Challenge that is Crucial for Social Cohesion and European Competitiveness”. Buckley highlighted the success of the Town Centre Health Check pilot in eight Irish Towns and the need for EU support for essential research and data collection, sharing of best practice and funding for collaborative Town Teams to manage town centre revitalisation
More Articles ...
- Food Businesses Still Not Doing Enough to Provide Written Allergen Information to Consumers: FSAI
- Insurance Fraud Bill - Alliance for Insurance Reform Urges Speedy Implementation
- Shop Insurance Premiums are Still Rising: RGDATA Tells Insurance Minister
- Shopkeepers Need Practical Action On Insurance Costs: RGDATA Tells Minister Humphreys
- Germans Are Not "Victims Of Store Wars". RGDATA
- Grants Available to Eligible Retailers for New Online Retailing Pilot Scheme
- Atlantic Economic Corridor - Historic Towns Workshop taking place in Ballina
- REPORT HIGHLIGHTS RGDATA ASKS IN RELATION TO COST OF DOING BUSINESS
- ALLIANCE WELCOMES PUBLICATION OF INSURANCE DATA BILL
- DRAFT RGDATA BILL TO ADDRESS CONCERNS ABOUT SPIRALING SHOP INSURANCE PREMUIMS AND BOGUS AND EXAGGERATED CLAIMS