Minister of State at the Department of Health, Catherine Byrne TD has replied to RGDATA’s letter about independent retailers supporting the introduction of Minimum Unit Pricing saying it was a priority for Government.
The Government is currently assessing if a bottle deposit and return scheme is a viable option to improve bottle recycling rates. Please answer this short survey so RGDATA can represent you in this important debate. Click here for the survey.
RGDATA has called on the Government to address the Book of Quantum review as a matter of urgency. “Too much time is being wasted trying to establish a committee to review the Book of Quantum. Ireland’s payouts for minor injuries are way out of synch with our EU counterparts. The Book of Quantum rates should be slashed by 50%. Government needs to stop flaffing about and get this job done if we are to see any reduction in exorbitant shop insurance costs,” says RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley.
“Operation Mierle conducted in Limerick, where local Gardai targeted serial shoplifters and made several arrests, should be replicated throughout the country,” says RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley. Click here to read the Journal.ie report.
Minister Heather Humphreys has announced that she has received EU approval to increase the Brexit Business Emergency Fund from €20 million to €200 million. Read the Business Post interview here.
Support the Irish Grocers' Benevolent Fund by taking part in this fun event in the Phoenix Park Dublin on Sunday April 28th. Lots happening on the day including an entertainment area with food tastings, beverages and kiddies activities.
Run with your company, work coleagues, friends and family for this worthy cause.
Click here for more information.
RGDATA has written to Minister Heather Humphries in relation to a pilot retail online scheme developed by the DOE and Enterprise Ireland, seeking extension of the scheme. Click here to read the letter.
Click here to read the letter to Simon Harris.
More Articles ...
- Proposal for village transport service: Let us know your views
- 'High streets and town centres in 2030' - UK report published
- RGDATA SETS OUT RETAIL AGENDA FOR 2019
- RGDATA ATTENDS WORKSHOP ON IMPACT OF BREXIT ON LOCAL SHOPS
- RGDATA WELCOMES MOVE TO CUT COSTS OF SOFT TISSUE INJURIES
- Was your shop impacted by the Garda Juvenile crime failings?
- Low Pay Commission Minimum Wage Consultation 2020 Opens
- IS CRIME AN ISSUE IN YOUR SHOP? We need to hear your experiences for our campaign for tougher measures to be taken on retail crime.
- Business Cost Containment Essential if No Deal Brexit: RGDATA Tells Jobs Minister
- Don't Discount Fresh Products: Farmers Launch Christmas Campaign