RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley is representing independent retailers on the Government’s Waste Advisory Group on conference call meetings over the past 8 weeks. The zoom meeting on 20 May will address the Circular Economy and members will discuss Waste Actions in a Circular Economy and the answers to the questions including:
- What are the top 3 waste management policy initiatives required to support a transition to a Circular Economy in Ireland?
- How do we ensure that the Circular Economy is embedded into economic recovery in a post-Covid-19 context?
- What are the costs/benefits of introducing national performance targets for food waste?
- What undertakings can business sectors such as food retailers, manufacturers and food producers offer to promote circular economy practices?
- Is there a role for a further extension of Extended Producer Responsibility schemes across products such as textiles, food and building materials?
- What are the areas with greatest potential for transformation in Ireland under the Circular Economy?