RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley represented independent shopkeepers at a Retail Consultation Forum meeting (30/01/20) that included an update on Brexit; a presentation from Met Eireann on extreme weather forecasting and weather warnings and an update from the Cost of Insurance Working Group. Buckley raised concerns about extreme weather warnings and the impacts on convenience/grocery stores and the frustration amongst shopkeepers at the extremely slow pace of insurance reform.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley attended the first meeting of the advisory group on the Circular Economy set up by the Department of Communications & Climate Action. The meeting addressed the need for a national communications campaign and for all climate action and waste management policies to be evidence based and measured.
RGDATA Submissions: Capping General Damages; Crime Prevention & Reduction Strategy; Circular Economy
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley will attend a photocall at Garda HQ tomorrow (Wednesday) to promote National Community Engagement Day on January 31. This is planned to be an annual event when local gardai meet local people over a tea/coffee to discuss crime prevention. RGDATA members around the country are supporting the day by providing the venue for the meeting to take place.
RGDATA, as part of an Alliance for Insurance Reform delegation will be meeting with Minister DArcy tomorrow to discuss Duty of Care reforms as part of our ongoing campaign for insurance reform
RGDATA urges Agriculture Minister to ensure no excessive or unnecessary red tape burden on independent shops when transposing the EU Directive on Unfair Trading Practices in the Food Supply Chain.
Click here to read the submission.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley was part of an Alliance for Insurance Reform delegation that met with Fianna Fail TD Michael McGrath to discuss the legal reforms required to deliver lower shop insurance premiums.
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) today reported that during the month of November, 21 Closure Orders, and 2 Prohibition Orders were served on food businesses for breaches of food safety legislation. Click here to read the press release.
More Articles ...
- What are employers' obligations with regard to the Christmas Party?
- Garda issue Invoice Scam alert
- RGDATA hosts second meeting of Duty of Care Group
- Budget 2020: Judicial Council must be set up before year end: RGDATA
- Budget 2020: Boost for bookies criticised
- Commercial Rates: RGDATA President meets with Ministers
- RGDATA hosts AIR duty of care sub committee
- RGDATA raises unfair practice in correspondence to the Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation
- Free SEAI energy training for RGDATA members
- Govenment advice and supports - step by step Brexit