Irish businesses must confront excessive costs on a range of fronts that often make running a commercial enterprise unnecessarily difficult, according to a report published last Wednesday by the Joint Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation. Click here to read the report.
The Alliance for Insurance Reform of which RGDATA is a member, welcomes the publication of the insurance claims bill but insists that responsibility for the National Claims Information database be given to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board and not to the Central Bank. Read the press release here.
Senators Michelle Mulherin and Gerry Horkan urged Minister for Insurance Michael D'Arcy to take immediate action to tackle unsustainable insurance costs following a briefing by RGDATA and other businesses and charities associated with the Alliance for Insurance Reform (AIR). AIR held a private session for TDs and Senators in Leinster House on Thursday 14 June. RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley briefed the TDs and Senators on the significant issues arising for local independent shops due to unsustainable insurance premium hikes and bogus and exaggerated claims.
Click here to read the report.
RGDATA is a member of the Alliance for Insurance Reform which made a submission to the Oireachtas Finance Committee. The Alliance session starts at 0:43:40 and the open Q&A starts at 1:18:30 and runs to 2:35:30. Click here to listen back.
Media coverage resulting from the Committee submission included:
• Irish Examiner
• Irish Independent
• Today with Sean O'Rourke
• Ireland AM on TV3
• Also Midlands 103, C103, Midwest Radio
Click here to read the response.
Frank and Honest, available in Centra and SuperValu stores across Ireland, will replace all non-recyclable single-use cups with a new compostable cup and lid. Read the press release here.
More than 25 State bodies and services will be available to offer free expert advice and information to SMEs, start-ups and entrepreneurs at a free one-stop-shop on Tuesday, September 25, in the Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa Limerick. It runs from 8.15 am to 1.30pm. Registration is free at www.takingcareofbusiness.ie.
More Articles ...
- 2018 TOWN AND VILLAGE RENEWAL SCHEME OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- BORDER TOWNS TOWN CENTRE HEALTHCHECK WORKSHOP
- MAY 1 SUGAR TAX COMES INTO PLAY
- MINISTER TO EXAMINE LABOUR COURT REVIEW OF JLCs
- BIM ANNOUNCE FISHMONGER TRAINING PROGRAMME
- SCOTLAND BECOMES THE FIRST COUNTRY TO INTRODUCE MINIMUM UNIT ALCOHOL PRICE TO CUT DEATHS
- NATIONAL OVERSIGHT AND AUDIT COMMISSION PUBLISHES ITS ANNUAL REPORT 2017
- AN POST SEEKS VIEWS ON NEW VISION FOR POST OFFICES
- RETAIL CONSULTATION FORUM ADDRESSES BREXIT IMPLICATIONS
- EU PUBLISHES SMALL RETAILERS GUIDE & STUDY