RGDATA has urged Minister for Insurance Michael D’Arcy to introduce a Supertax on Insurance company profits if they do not reduce premiums to reflect the actions taken by the Cost of Insurance Working Group.
What are the issues in your area? Please complete our questionnaire.
Minister of State at the Department of Health, Catherine Byrne TD has replied to RGDATA’s letter about independent retailers supporting the introduction of Minimum Unit Pricing saying it was a priority for Government.
The Government is currently assessing if a bottle deposit and return scheme is a viable option to improve bottle recycling rates. Please answer this short survey so RGDATA can represent you in this important debate. Click here for the survey.
RGDATA has called on the Government to address the Book of Quantum review as a matter of urgency. “Too much time is being wasted trying to establish a committee to review the Book of Quantum. Ireland’s payouts for minor injuries are way out of synch with our EU counterparts. The Book of Quantum rates should be slashed by 50%. Government needs to stop flaffing about and get this job done if we are to see any reduction in exorbitant shop insurance costs,” says RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley.
“Operation Mierle conducted in Limerick, where local Gardai targeted serial shoplifters and made several arrests, should be replicated throughout the country,” says RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley. Click here to read the Journal.ie report.
Minister Heather Humphreys has announced that she has received EU approval to increase the Brexit Business Emergency Fund from €20 million to €200 million. Read the Business Post interview here.
More Articles ...
- IGBF Grocers Fun Run 2019
- Online scheme needed for grocery and convenience retailers
- RGDATA supports Minister in the introduction of minimum pricing for alcohol
- Proposal for village transport service: Let us know your views
- 'High streets and town centres in 2030' - UK report published
- RGDATA SETS OUT RETAIL AGENDA FOR 2019
- RGDATA ATTENDS WORKSHOP ON IMPACT OF BREXIT ON LOCAL SHOPS
- RGDATA WELCOMES MOVE TO CUT COSTS OF SOFT TISSUE INJURIES
- Was your shop impacted by the Garda Juvenile crime failings?
- Low Pay Commission Minimum Wage Consultation 2020 Opens