The Retail Grocery Dairy & Allied Trades Association - RGDATA - is the representative association for over 4,000 independent family owned grocery shops, convenience stores, forecourt stores and supermarkets in Ireland.
RGDATA is the longest established trade association representing the independent grocery sector for over 70 years.
RGDATA's mision is to represent the interests of the independent grocery sector, provide advice and support for independent family grocers and to assist our members in providing a high standard of local community retailing.
RGDATA activities and member services include:
Representing the interests of independent, family owned shops to Government, media, regulators and policymakers by:
- Monitoring legislation that might impact on the members
- Making submissions to Government and policymakers
- Providing HR and business advice and support to members via a Helpline and members' web site
- Producing email, web and print communications for members
- Offering planning support and seeking to ensure sustainable retail development in line with the Retail Planning Guidelines
- Producing research and reports to support our goals
RGDATA is a member of:
- The Irish Business and Employers'Confederation (IBEC).
- European Federation of Independent Retailers (UGAL)
Structure & Organisation:
RGDATA is a member supported association with an office in Blackrock, Co. Dublin. The association is led by a board of directors that includes independnt retailers representing all interests in the independent retail trade.